The 'crunch' is the key to this recipe.
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C. Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm shallow tin and line the base and two sides with baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder and ginger together. Mix into creamed mixture. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board. Knead well.
3. Press dough into prepared tin.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.
5. While the base is cooking make the icing. In a small saucepan combine butter, icing sugar, golden syrup and ginger. Heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
6. Pour hot Ginger Icing over the hot base. Cut into fingers immediately and leave to cool in the tin on a wire rack, then break apart along the cuts.
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to receive Edmonds updates, recipes and more