Easy peasy Pizza Scrolls, the perfect addition to the little ones lunchbox.
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir flour, yeast, salt and sugar together. Add water and oil. Use the dough hook attachment to knead for 5 minutes, until soft and smooth.
If you don’t have a stand mixer, mix the above ingredients together with a spatula to form a rough dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand for 5-10
minutes, until soft and smooth. Return to bowl.
2. Cover bowl and place dough in a warm place to rise until doubled in size (approximately 30 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, roughly dice ham. Drain pineapple well, pat dry with paper towels and cut pineapple pieces in half. Preheat oven to 190ºC fan bake and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
4. Punch dough down and roll out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle (30cm x 40cm). Spread with pizza paste, leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Top with ham, pineapple and 1 1/4 cups cheese.
5. Starting from one of the long sides, roll up firmly to form a log. Brush the edge with a little
water to seal, if needed. Cut into 8-10 equal pieces. Place cut-side up on prepared tray (leave a 3cm gap between each piece) and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffed up and golden. Leave to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
• Scrolls are best eaten fresh on the day they’re made. Can be eaten warm or cold. They also freeze well and are great reheated in the oven.
• Toppings can be adjusted depending on your tastes and what you have on hand.