- Preheat oven to 220ºC conventional or 200ºC fan-forced. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine scone mix, lemon zest and poppy seeds in a large mixing bowl. Add water and lemon juice and mix together with a wooden spoon to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Roll mixture out onto a floured surface in a large round, approximately 2cm thick. Cut into 10 triangles, like you would a pizza. Place scones on a prepared tray and allow to rest for 10 minutes before baking.
- Brush tops with a little milk or egg wash (if using) for a more golden colour. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool slightly before drizzling with icing.
Serve warm or cold. Delicious topped with lemon curd and whipped cream!
Whisk icing sugar, lemon juice and milk or cream together until smooth. Drizzle over warm scones.
- Leftover scones keep well at room temperature for up to 2 days.