Sweet and sticky, with an irresistible caramel sauce.
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Grease a 22cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. Combine the dates and water in a saucepan, bring to the boil then set aside to cool to lukewarm. Stir in the baking soda.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, then beat in the golden syrup.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, followed by the vanilla.
5. Sift on the flour and baking powder and fold through, then scoop the mixture into the prepared tin.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Stand for 2 minutes before turning out and cutting into wedges. Serve warm with Caramel Fudge Sauce.
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to receive Edmonds updates, recipes and more