A delicious blend of Zucchini and Cheese come together in these scrumptious scones. Perfect for a savoury morning tea or popping in the lunchbox.
1. Preheat oven to 210ºC bake or 190ºC fan bake. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
2. Coarsely grate zucchini, place in paper towels or a clean dishcloth and squeeze out all of the moisture. Finely chop chives.
3. Place scone mix in a large bowl. Stir in cheese, mustard powder, salt, pepper, zucchini and chives until well combined. Add 3/4 cup water and mix with a wooden spoon to form a soft, sticky dough. Add a little more water if needed.
4. Tip scone dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a square, approximately 2-3cm thick. Cut into 9 smaller squares. Transfer to prepared tray and leave to rest for 10 minutes before baking.
5. Brush tops of scones with milk. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
• Scones are best eaten fresh on the day they’re made. Spread with a little butter and eat warm or cold. They also freeze well and are great reheated in the oven.