- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs then add the sugar, currants, cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Add the beaten egg to the dry ingredients, mixing to form a stiff dough. Wrap in greaseproof paper and chill for 10 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and roll out to 4mm thickness. Cut out rounds using a 7–8cm cutter and place the biscuits on the prepared trays.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown. Leave on the tray for 1–2 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
For an extra Easter treat dip the biscuits in melted chocolate.