finely grated zest of 1 orange
175g Edmonds standard flour
1 tsp Edmonds baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease and line the base of a 18cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and orange zest until light and fluffy.
3. Beat the eggs until thick and add to the creamed mixture alternatively with the sifted flour and baking powder. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
5. When cold, ice with Orange Glace Icing or dust with icing sugar.