- Bake cake according to instructions on the packet. Allow to cool completely.
- Follow the packet instructions to make frosting, using a large bowl rather than a small
bowl. Crumble cooled cake on top of frosting and mix until well combined.
- Line a large tray with baking paper. Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture (approximately
25g) into balls and place on tray. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Re-roll once chilled if needed.
- Place chocolate melts in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium-low in
30 second bursts, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Taking just a few cake balls out of the refrigerator at a time, insert skewers or lollipop
sticks about two-thirds of the way into the chilled cake balls.
- Dip cake balls into chocolate to coat completely. Tap gently against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Decorate with sprinkles, if using, and insert upright into a styrofoam cube (or a box with
small holes poked into it). Refrigerate to set.
• Cake pops will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
• You can use other Edmonds cake mixes if you prefer. If frosting isn’t included, you will need approximately ⅔ cup.