Add a little fun to your next afternoon tea with these classic pinwheel scones.
1. Preheat oven to 220°C conventional or 200°C fan-forced. Lightly grease an oven tray.
2. Place all scone mix and water into a medium mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough.
3. Roll dough out into a large rectangle about 5mm thick. Brush melted butter over the rolled dough. Sprinkle sugar mix over dough. Try adding a grated apple to the sugar mix.
4. Roll the dough up towards you to form a long log.
5. Cut log into 10 equal pieces and arrange these, spiral side up and just touching one another, on the prepared baking tray. Brush the surface of each scone with a little milk.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.