A deliciously light and easy semi-naked cake, with scrumptious buttercream icing!
What makes this cake so simple is using our Edmonds Classic Golden Butter Cake.
1. Preheat oven to 150ºC fan bake. Grease 2 x 20cm round cake tins and line with baking paper.
2. Prepare one batch of cake mix, following instructions on the packet. Divide between prepared cake tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, until cakes spring back when gently pressed. Cool in tins for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. Repeat using the second box of cake mix, to form four cake layers.
4. Sift icing sugar into a large bowl. Add butter, half of the milk and the vanilla essence. Use an electric mixer to beat on low until combined, then increase speed to medium-high and beat until creamy, adding more milk as required.
5. Place one of the cake layers on a serving plate or board. Spoon about a fifth of the icing on top and use an offset spatula to spread out evenly, just past the edges of the cake layer. Place the second cake layer directly on top and repeat the icing process. Repeat with the third layer.
6. Place the fourth layer on top. Spoon most of the remaining icing on top and lightly frost the entire cake, starting with the top and moving down the sides. Use the offset spatula or a metal bench scraper to smooth out the icing and scrape the excess away. Any extra icing can be spread on top of the cake.
7. Decorate the cake with sprigs of rosemary and freeze-dried fruit.
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to receive Edmonds updates, recipes and more