A quick and easy recipe for this delicious Italian flatbread. It’s great plain but you can also personalise the topping. There are no rules!
500ml warm water
1½ Tbsp Edmonds active yeast
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
570g Edmonds high grade flour
olive oil and flaky salt
a few sprigs of rosemary and some thinly sliced garlic (optional)
1. Put the water, yeast, salt, sugar and 1 tablespoon of the flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir together, cover and leave for 10 minutes.
2. Add the remaining flour and mix until smooth. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and set aside for at least 45 minutes, or up to 2½ hours to rise.
3. Preheat the oven to 220˚C. Oil a large, shallow roasting dish.
4. Scrape the risen dough into the dish and, with oiled hands, spread it out evenly. Dimple the top with your fingers and sprinkle with salt. Add small sprigs of rosemary and scatter with the garlic if you like.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until risen and golden brown. Brush with more oil if you wish and serve warm.