This is a nice, easy recipe to make around Christmas – great for shared morning teas.
½ cup Edmonds standard flour
½ cup Edmonds wholemeal flour
¼ cup sugar
½ cup rolled oats
1½ cups Fruit Mince
¼ cup Edmonds standard flour
½ tsp Edmonds baking powder
2 eggs, size 7
½ cup brown sugar
2 cups finely desiccated coconut
1. Preheat the oven 170°C. Lightly grease a 20cm square cake tin and line the base and two sides with baking paper.
2. To make the base, place dry ingredients in the food processor and pulse together.
3. Then cut butter into the mixture using a pastry blender or you can put the cold cubes of butter into the food processor and pulse until you have a crumb like mixture.
4. Press the base mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 12 minutes or until coloured.
5. Spread the fruit mince onto the base.
6. Prepare the topping by placing all ingredients into a food processor and gently combine by using the pulse button. Spread the topping on top of the fruit mince. Return to oven for a further 15-20 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into slices to serve.