A wholesome bran loaf which will benefit from a little butter on the slice.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease a 26cm loaf tin.
2. Put milk, golden syrup, butter and eggs in a bowl and mix well.
3. Sift flours, baking powder, soda and salt into egg mixture. Return husks left in the sifter with the wheat germ, and oat bran to the mix and mix well.
4. Pour into loaf tin.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until loaf springs back when lightly touched.
6. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.