A nice textured loaf with a subtle lemony flavour. Great with a cuppa tea.
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a 22cm loaf tin.
2. Cream butter, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
3. Sift flour, salt and stir in alternately with milk. Mix in nuts. Turn into loaf tin.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until loaf springs back when lightly touched.
5. To make glaze stir lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
6. Pour glaze over hot loaf. Leave in tin until cold.