Our Gluten-Free Plain Flour is the building block for this delicious banana bread. It’s a simple loaf to make and perfect for using up ripe bananas. Serve it for afternoon tea with a cuppa, enjoy a slice with yoghurt and honey, or pop a big dollop of ice-cream alongside if you fancy it for dessert.
22 x 12cm non-stick loaf tin
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C bake. Grease your loaf tin.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl and whisk until fully combined.
3. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a handheld mixer until light and pale.
4. Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture, whisking after each one.
5. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
6. Add half the flour mixture and mix well, then add half the mashed banana and mix again. Repeat with the remaining flour and mashed banana.
7. Pour the mixture into your greased loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then remove from the tin and place on a rack to cool completely.
9. Dust with icing sugar to serve.