Mummy Puff Pastry Pizzas
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 2 Edmonds Flaky Puff Pastry Sheets, defrosted (300g)
- 2 Tbsp pizza sauce
- 50g thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella or Colby cheese
- 1 egg, whisked with a fork (optional)
- 6 pitted small black olives
- Preheat oven to 180ºC fan bake and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Use a large round cookie cutter (approximately 8cm diameter) to cut one of the pastry sheets into 6 circles. Arrange on the prepared tray.
- Spread each circle of pastry with pizza sauce, leaving a small border around the edge. Top with pepperoni, capsicum, red onion and cheese.
- Cut remaining sheet of pastry in half and cut into 5mm thick strips. Drape over the pizzas at random angles (the strips can overlap) to create a mummy-like pattern. Gently press the ends down so they stick to the pastry circles. Press the cookie cutter back down over the circles to trim off any stray ends.
- Lightly brush the pizzas with the whisked egg, if using. Slice the olives into circles and place on top of the pizzas to form eyes. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Change up the pizza toppings according to your preferences. A Hawaiian version with ham, finely diced pineapple and cheese works well.
- These mummy puff pastry pizzas can be prepared several hours in advance. Assemble on trays, cover and refrigerate until you are ready to cook them.
- This recipe is easily doubled (or more) as required.