A modern twist on the classic trifle. You could even try making little individual versions in a collection of pretty glasses.
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a 20cm square shallow cake tin.
2. Put cake mix, water, eggs and butter into an electric mixer bowl. Mix at low speed until the ingredients are combined. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally.
3. Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
4. Place red velvet frosting mix, butter, white chocolate and milk into a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, then on high for 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Whip cream to soft peaks then fold through frosting mix. Cover and set aside.
5. Slice strawberries, sprinkle with icing sugar, toss and set aside for 30 minutes.
6. To assemble trifle. Once cool, cut the red velvet cake into two layers. Spread bottom layer with strawberry jam, then sandwich top layer back on. Cut into 2cm cubes and place a layer in a large trifle bowl.
7. Drizzle with some of the liqueur and spoon over some of the diced strawberries (including juice).
8. Spread the custard over the fruit, and spoon the frosting mix on top.
9. Continue to layer until you have used up all the ingredients. Decorate with fresh berries and white chocolate curls.