An easy peasy Christmas trifle using our Edmonds Classic Golden Butter Cake mix.
1. Bake cake according to instructions on the box, making just two small changes - use a 20cm square tin rather than a round tin and reduce cooking time to 40 minutes (or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean). Allow to cool completely.
2. Cut cake in half horizontally. Brush each half with sherry, if using, then spread with jam. Slice cake into small squares (2-3cm).
3. Combine cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and whip to medium peaks.
4. Place half of the cake pieces in a large trifle bowl. Top with half of the custard. Add half the berries, then spoon half of the cream over the top. Repeat to use up all of the ingredients. Refrigerate until required.
• Trifle can be made up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated until needed.
• Berries can be swapped