The most delicious sweet treat created using our Edmonds Peanut Butter Cookies as a base.
1. Line a slice tin (approximately 20cm x 26cm) with baking paper
2. Place cookies in a food processor and process to form crumbs. Combine in a bowl with the melted butter and mix until well combined. Press evenly into the prepared tin. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
3. Combine all filling ingredients in a heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium-low. Once melted, cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring constantly, until caramel is thick and golden brown. Pour onto the prepared base and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on medium-low in bursts of 30 seconds, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Sitr in vegetable oil. Spread on top of the caramel. Sprinkle with peanuts.
5. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set, before cutting in squares or rectangles and serving