Differientate your lamingtons by picking your favorite jelly flavour to use for the icing.
200g sponge block or sponge cake
2 cups fine desiccated coconut
2 Tbsp cocoa
6 Tbsp boiling water
25g butter, melted
21/4 cups icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1. Make or purchase the sponge the day before you need it.
2. Dissolve the cocoa in the boiling water and mix in the butter. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and then pour in the cocoa mixture. Add vanilla and stir until well combined.
3. Cut the sponge into 4cm squares and dip each square into the chocolate icing, then roll in fine desiccated coconut. Leave to dry on a wire rack. Cut a slit along the top of each cake and fill with whipped cream if desired.;
1. Dissolve a packet of raspberry jelly crystals according to the instructions on the packet. Or you could pick the flavour of your choice.
2. Dip squares in the jelly when it thickens slightly and begins to set, roll in coconut and leave to dry.