250g white fish fillets
4 cups water
400g can tomatoes in juice
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp curry powder
2 Tbsp Edmonds standard flour
¼ cup dry white wine
2 tsp chicken stock powder
2 Tbsp tomato paste
¼ tsp basil
16 to 20 fresh cleaned mussels, in shell
salt and black pepper
1. Put fish and water into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes. Remove fish from pan and flake. Reserve all the liquid.
2. Drain and chop tomatoes, reserving juice.
3. In another saucepan melt the butter. Add curry powder and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook until frothy. Gradually add reserved liquid, wine, reserved tomato juice and chicken stock powder. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly.
4. Add tomato paste, basil and chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil.
5. Add mussels, simmer for 10 minutes or until mussels open. Discard any which do not open.
6. Stir in the flaked fish, salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with parsley.