1 cup Edmonds standard flour
½ tsp Edmonds baking powder
3 Tbsp cocoa
¾ cup caster sugar
¾ cup finely desiccated coconut
125g butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
250g dark chocolate, chopped
2 Tbsp Kremelta
½ cup finely desiccated coconut, toasted
½ pistachio nuts or walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 27x18cm slice tin and line with baking paper.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl. Stir in caster sugar and coconut. Add butter and egg, mixing well. Spread over the base of the prepared tin.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and then spread with topping.
4. While the cake is cooling make the topping by placing chocolate and Kremelta in a heatproof bowl. Sit over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir continuously until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
5. Add marshmallows, coconut and nuts to the melted chocolate. Mix well. Spread over the warm base. Allow topping to set before cutting into pieces.