11/2 cups Edmonds standard flour
1 tsp Edmonds baking powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC. Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm shallow tin and line the base and two sides with a strip of baking paper.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Cut or rub in butter until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Add sugar, cocoa, dates and walnuts. Mix egg into dry ingredients.
4. Spread mixture in the tin.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. When cold ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Cut into fingers.