A quickly mixed slice, full of seeds and fruit which is great for lunchboxes or picnics
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup apricot jam
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup golden syrup
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried fruit, chopped
1 tsp mixed spice
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup shredded coconut
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm shallow tin and line the base and two sides with baking paper.
2. In a saucepan, melt together the sugar, butter, apricot jam, vanilla and golden syrup.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Pour in the melted mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Press firmly into the prepared tin.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly in the tin on a wire rack and cut into bars.