50g butter; 1/2 cup brown sugar; 2 eggs; 3/4 cup Edmonds standard flour; 1/2 tsp Edmonds baking powder; 1 cup muesli; 2 tsp grated lemon rind ; 1/2 cup chopped mixed peel ; Chocolate Icing ; chopped nuts, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a shallow 20cm square cake tin and line it with baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together. Fold sifted ingredients, muesli, lemon rind and peel into creamed mixture, mixing well.
4. Spread mixture into the cake tin.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
6. When cold ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with chopped nuts, and cut into slices.