125g butter, softened
1 cup sugar
11/4 tsp vanilla essence
11/4 cups Edmonds standard flour
1 tsp Edmonds baking powder
2 Tbsp cocoa
11/4 cups cornflakes
3/4 cup coconut
1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly butter a 20 x 30cm shallow tin and line the base and two sides with a strip of baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa together. Mix into creamed mixture. Add cornflakes, coconut and hazelnuts, mixing well.
4. Press mixture into the tin.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. When cold ice with chocolate icing and cut into bars.