This is a chocolate cake with swirls of caramel throughout. Call dibs on licking the spoon.
1 packet Edmonds Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
60g soft butter or margarine spread
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm shallow tin.
2. Place the cake mix, soft butter or margarine spread, eggs and water into a medium mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
3. For filling combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat until butter has melted.
4. Spread the cake mixture into the tin. Gently drizzle over the caramel trying not to make big dollops as they will sink to the bottom.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked. When cool ice using chocolate icing from pack if desired and cut into squares.