1 cup sultanas or raisins; 1 Tbsp butter; 1/2 cup sugar; 1 Tbsp golden syrup; 1/4 tsp salt; 1 tsp Edmonds baking soda; 1 cup boiling water; 2 cups Edmonds standard flour; 11/2 tsp Edmonds baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a 26cm loaf tin.
2. Put sultanas, butter, sugar, syrup and salt in a bowl. Sprinkle baking soda over. Add water.
3. When butter has melted sift in flour and baking powder. Mix quickly.
4. Put mixture in loaf tin.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until loaf springs back when lightly touched.
6. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.