Similar to a scone rather than a bread bun these are best served on the day they are made.
3 cups Edmonds standard flour; 4 tsp Edmonds baking powder; 1/2 tsp salt; 1 tsp ground ginger; 75g butter; 1 egg, beaten; 2 Tbsp liquid honey; 1 tsp grated orange rind; 1 to 11/4 cups milk; extra milk to glaze; sugar; cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Grease or line a baking tray.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and ginger into a bowl. Cut butter through until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add egg, honey and orange rind. Add sufficient milk to mix to a smooth, firm dough.
4. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to 2.5cm thickness. Cut into rounds using a 5cm cutter.
5. Place on baking tray. Brush tops with milk. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until pale golden.