3 cups Edmonds gluten free self raising flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp salt
250ml cold lemonade (for sweet) or soda water (for savoury)
250ml cold cream
1 egg, beaten (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
2. Sift the flour, xanthan gum and salt into a bowl, and mix with a whisk.
3. Mix the lemonade or soda water and cream in a jug, pour over the dry ingredients and mix to a soft dough.
4. Turn out onto a surface floured with gluten free flour and pat or roll out to 2cm thickness.
5. Cut and place close together on a cold baking tray.
6. Brush the tops with beaten egg if desired, then let stand for 10 minutes.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool, wrapped in a clean tea towel to keep them soft.