2 egg yolks, at room temperature
½ tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
300ml olive oil and vegetable oil, mixed
salt and pepper
1. Put the egg yolks into a bowl with the mustard, salt and 1 teaspoon of the vinegar or lemon juice. Using a whisk or an electric beater on slow speed, whisk the mixture until fluffy.
2. Add the oil half a teaspoon at a time, making sure that each amount of oil is incorporated before adding the next.
3. Continue whisking and adding the oil until about 2 tablespoons have been incorporated and the mixture has begun to thicken.
4. Now add the remaining oil in a very thin stream, whisking constantly.
5. Once all the oil has been incorporated the mayonnaise should be very thick and floppy. Whisk in the remaining lemon juice or vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.