cauliflower, divided into large florets
2 Tbsp Edmonds standard flour
2 cups milk, heated
¾ cup grated tasty cheese
salt and white pepper
½ tsp mustard (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C.
2. Steam the cauliflower or cook it in boiling salted water until tender, then drain well.
3. While the cauliflower is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook until frothy.
4. Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk, stirring.
5. Return to the heat and cook gently, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens.
6. Remove from the heat and add ½ cup of the cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and the mustard.
7. Put the drained cauliflower into an ovenproof serving dish, pour over the sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
8. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden.