A simple rice side dish but you can also add extra ingredients to make it more of a meal such as chicken.
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups liquid chicken stock
2 Tbsp chopped chives
sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C.
2. Melt first measure of butter in an ovenproof casserole dish. Add onion and cook until clear.
3. Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in stock. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil.
4. Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. The rice should be quite dry.
5. Just before serving, stir in second measure of butter and chives and sprinkle over sliced toasted almonds.