These are the American style hotcakes traditionally served with maple syrup and banana but you could sneak in a bit of bacon for some extra sustenance!
2 cups Edmonds standard flour
2 tsp Edmonds baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups milk, approximately
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2. In another bowl beat the eggs and sugar with a whisk until pale and thick.
3. Add the egg mixture and the milk to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Gently heat a non-stick frying pan and drop large spoonfuls of the mixture from the point of the spoon onto the surface.
5. When bubbles start to burst on the top of the pikelets, turn them over and cook the second side until golden. Place in a clean tea towel to keep warm until they are all ready to serve.