This recipe uses oil instead of melted butter. Great to use up whatever fruit you have to hand.
1 egg; 1/4 cup oil; 1/2 cup sugar; 1 cup milk; 2 cups Edmonds standard flour; 4 tsp Edmonds baking powder; 1 tsp cinnamon; 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, blackcurrants or chopped apple; icing sugar to dusting
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease a standard 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Beat egg, oil, sugar and milk together in a bowl.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into egg mixture. Add fruit and mix lightly to just combine.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin tin.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Put on a wire rack to cool.
6. Dust with icing sugar before serving.