125g butter; 1 cup medium-ground cornmeal; 3/4 cup milk; 1 cup Edmonds standard flour; 3 tsp Edmonds baking powder; 1/2 tsp salt; 1/4 cup sugar; 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Grease a standard 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Put butter, cornmeal and milk into a saucepan. Heat until butter has melted, stirring occasionally. Allow cornmeal mixture to cool.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir in sugar. Add egg to dry ingredients. Stir in cornmeal mixture. Stir to just combine.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin tin.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Place on a wire rack to cool.