500g sausage meat
1 small onion, finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
2 Tbsp tomato sauce
400g packet Edmonds flaky puff pastry
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine sausage meat, onion, parsley and tomato sauce in a bowl. Mix well.
3. On a lightly floured board roll out pastry to a 40 × 30 cm rectangle. Cut lengthwise into three even strips 40 × 10 cm.
4. Pipe the sausage meat mixture lengthwise down each piece. Alternatively roll sausage meat into 3 × 40cm lengths with floured hands.
5. Brush edges of pastry with a little water and roll pastry over sausage meat to encase the filling.
6. Combine egg yolk and water in a bowl. Brush sausage rolls with egg mixture.
7. Cut to size required. Place on the prepared tray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve hot or cold.