A very rich, delicious dessert to be served in small slices. Malt biscuits, gingernuts or plain wine biscuits are good for the crumb base.
1 cup plain biscuit crumbs
50g butter, melted
500g cream cheese, softened
250g sour cream
1 cup caster sugar
2 Tbsp Edmonds standard flour
finely grated lemon zest
¼ cup lemon juice
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 150˚C.
2. Crush the biscuits finely in a food processor or with a rolling pin. Mix together the biscuit crumbs and butter and press evenly over the base of a 20cm springform tin. Chill while you prepare the filling.
3. Place the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, flour, lemon zest and juice in a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. With the motor running on slow speed, gradually add the beaten eggs, processing until well blended. Pour the filling onto the biscuit base.
5. Bake for 1 hour 50 minutes or until firm. Cool in the tin, then cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight before serving.