1 Pack Edmonds Vanilla Cupcake Mix
60g (4 Tbsp) margarine spread or soft butter
2 eggs (size 6)
125ml (½ cup) milk
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
⅛ tsp ground cloves
⅓ cup currants
100g cream cheese, softened
40g butter, softened
1 sachet Edmonds Vanilla frosting mix (in pack)
1 tsp honey, warmed
1. Preheat oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan-forced. Line a standard 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
2. Place the cake mix, butter, eggs, milk, and all the spices into a medium mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, scrapping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Fold in the currants then spoon the cupcake mixture into the prepared cupcake cases.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean. Turn cupcakes out onto a wire rack to cool.
4. To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in butter until well combined. Beat in the frosting mix until whipped and smooth, about 1 minute on high speed.
5. Warm the honey in the microwave until very fluid. Brush over cooled cupcakes and let stand 10 minutes.
6. To decorate fill a piping bag with frosting and pipe a cross over each cupcake. Dust with icing sugar and serve.