125g butter, softened; 1 tsp vanilla essence; 1/2 cup caster sugar; 2 eggs; 1 cup Edmonds standard flour; 2 tsp Edmonds baking powder; 1/4 cup milk; whipped cream; icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Put 12 paper cupcake cases into a standard 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Cream the butter, vanilla essence and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold gently into the creamed mixture. Lastly stir in the milk.
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 15 minutes or until the cakes spring back when lightly touched. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Cut a slice from top of each cup cake. Cut this in half. Place a teaspoonful of whipped cream in each cavity. Arrange wings on cakes. Dust with icing sugar.