A lovely creamy chicken dish. Serve with rice to absorb the delicious sauce.
4 chicken breasts
2 Tbsp oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp Edmonds standard flour
½ cup liquid chicken stock
250g sour cream or 300ml cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Remove skin and fat from chicken. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add chicken and quickly brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add onion and cook until clear. Stir in paprika and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Gradually add stock, stirring constantly. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in sour cream. Continue cooking gently for a further 10 minutes or until juices run clear when tested.
5. Add lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice.