220g butter, softened;
13/4 cups sugar;
2 tsp vanilla;
21/2 cups Edmonds self raising flour;
2 tsp cinnamon;
80g chopped macadamia nuts;
80g chopped brazil nuts;
3/4 cup coconut;
160g fresh cream;
11/2 cups brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan-forced.
2. Toast the nuts on a tray for 5 to 10 minutes. Do not walk away, they burn easily. Reserve.
3. Toast the coconut for 5 minutes and then place on top of the reserved nuts.
4. Place the nuts and coconut into a greased and paper lined 25cm round cake tin.
5. Place the toffee ingredients into a pot and heat over low heat for 5 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened. Pour over nut mixture.
6. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix well. Fold in milk with flour and cinnamon. Spoon over nut mixture.
7. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Serve warm with thick cream or vanilla custard.