A nice fluffy, coconut cake with a zing from the creamy lemon icing. Great for feeding a crowd.
1 packet Edmonds Golden Butter Cake Mix
3/4 cup milk
60g butter, softened
1 cup desiccated coconut
LEMON BUTTERCREAM ICING:
1 cup icing sugar
1 to 2 Tbsp lemon juice
75g butter, softened
1 tsp grated lemon rind, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 170˚C. Grease and line a 20 × 30cm shallow cake tin with baking paper.
2. Put cake mix, eggs, milk and butter into an electric mixer bowl. Mix at low speed until the ingredients are combined. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally.
3. Fold coconut through mixture and pour into the tin.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
5. To make icing beat sugar, lemon juice and butter together until light and creamy.
6. When cold ice with Lemon Buttercream Icing and sprinkle grated lemon rind on top before cutting into squares.