1 cup dried fruit
1/4 cup boiling water
1 packet Edmonds Golden Butter Cake Mix
3/4 cup milk
60g butter, softened
2 tsp grated lemon rind
icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 170ºC. Grease and line the base of a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
2. Soak dried fruit in the boiling water for 15-20 minutes. This will stop it sinking to the bottom of the cake.
3. Put cake mix, eggs, water and butter into an electric mixer bowl. Mix at low speed until the ingredients are combined. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally.
4. Fold in lemon rind and drained dried fruit. Pour into the cake tin.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
6. When cold dust with icing sugar.