1 pack Edmonds Rich Chocolate Cake
60g margarine or softened butter
190ml instant coffee, cooled
50g margarine or softened butter
1 Tbsp (15ml) milk
425g can of pitted black cherries
⅔ cup (150ml) cream
fresh cherries to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC. Grease a 6cm deep and 20cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. Place the cake mix, butter, eggs and cooled instant coffee into a medium mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, scrapping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
3.Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
4. Make the frosting by placing the frosting mix, butter and milk into a small mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes, scrapping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
5. Once cool, cut the cake in half using a serrated knife. Spread the frosting over the bottom cake layer. Scatter with the cherries then replace the top cake layer.
6. Whip the cream to soft peaks and spread over the top of the cake. Decorate with the fresh cherries.