Simply add water and yeast to our Edmonds mix to make a delicious soft white bread containing a blend of tomatoes and herbs.
3 cups Edmonds Tomato and Italian Herb bread mix
½ Tbsp Edmonds instant dry yeast
1 cup lukewarm water
1. Place the bread mix in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Gently pour lukewarm water (approx. 30ºC) into the centre of the well and sprinkle the yeast on top. Mix by hand to combine all ingredients to form a dough.
2. Turn the dough out onto a clean surface and knead vigorously by hand (fold and stretch) for at least 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and stand in a warm place (approx. 30ºC) for 40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently knead again for 2-3 minutes. Shape dough into a loaf and place into a lightly greased 23cm loaf tin or onto a baking paper lined baking tray. Cover and stand in a warm place for 30-45 minutes or until dough is doubled in size.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 210ºC for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Spray surface lightly with water just before placing in oven for a crispier crust.
1. Place all ingredients into the bread pan in the order recommended by your breadmaker manual.
2. Select the appropriate bake function and press ‘start’.