A New Zealand baking classic which has remained unchanged in
Edmonds cookery books since the 1930s. As delicious as ever.
200g butter, softened
¾ cup icing sugar
1 cup Edmonds standard flour
1 cup Edmonds Fielder’s cornflour
½ tsp Edmonds baking powder
Buttercream Icing or raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder together and add to the creamed mixture, working everything together to make a smooth dough.
3. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the dough into balls, place on the prepared trays and press down lightly with a floured fork.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden on the base. Leave on the trays for 1–2 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
5. When cold, sandwich two biscuits together with Buttercream Icing or raspberry jam.