These crisp biscuits fizz slightly on your tongue thanks to the baking soda and golden syrup.
½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp golden syrup
1 Tbsp milk
1½ cups Edmonds standard flour
1 tsp Edmonds baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the butter, sugar, golden syrup and milk in a saucepan over a medium heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is almost boiling, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool to lukewarm. Sift the flour and baking soda together, add to the cooled mixture and stir well.
4. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls, place on the prepared tray and press down with a floured fork.
5. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown. Leave on the tray for 1–2 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.