You can't beat the satisfaction of successfully timing the gingernut dunk in your cup of tea!
125g butter, softened
¼ cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp Edmonds baking soda
1 Tbsp boiling water
2 cups Edmonds standard flour
pinch of salt
3 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and golden syrup until light and fluffy.
3. Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and add to the creamed mixture. Sift the flour, salt and ginger together and add to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
4. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls, place on the prepared tray and flatten with a floured fork.
5. Bake for 20–30 minutes or until golden. Leave on the tray for 1–2 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.